Christchurch Boy's High School - Deans Building
The former Deans farm building built in 1883 is now a apart of Christchurch Boys high School. The buildings have a connection to Riccarton house and the Avon river as the source of water to the original farm buildings.
During the Canterbury Earthquakes, the buildings were damaged. The project involved the repair, strengthening and adaptive reuse of the former Deans Farm Buildings to function as an Old boys Museum, Archives, storage facility and the School Uniform shop.
The buildings are constructed of brick with the original wrought iron trusses with tie rods and curved iron roof. through its adaptive re-use the former deans farm buildings have been given a new lease of life and have become a show piece for the school campus.
The purpose of the project was to retain the valuable heritage fabric. During the process an original cobble stone floor was discovered beneath the modern concrete slab. A section of these original cobbles are exposed under the glass display.